Saturday, December 20, 2014

Shoulder pain

Back in April I lifted an 8 pound weight across my body and subluxated the joint (where it goes out and back in again). I've been having issues ever since. I had been to P.T. and also had an MRI that was inconclusive. I"m now back in P.T. Since I feel I keep reinjuring it by moving it wrong. I am going to seek a second opinion as well since my Dr wants to do a scope to see what's wrong. I would like to try less invasive things first. I don't know why Dr's are always quick (I shouldn't say all Dr's but some) to jump to surgery. There are so many complications that can happen (infection, increase pain, side effects to meds). I have been putting deep blue on it which does help some with the pain but then I started researching and it said for frozen shoulder to try : wintergreen (for pain/inflammation), white fir (pain/inflammation), lemongrass (improves circulation), peppermint (pain) and oregano (improves muscle flexibility). I then Applied all of the ones listed above and have had decrease pain/improved range of motion. Praying I don't have to have surgery but if there is a tear will probably need to be fixed. We will see. Love how I can treat this naturally instead of going on some sort of narcotic that will have adverse side effects!

No comments:

Post a Comment